Monday, January 28, 2008





Miss Apache 2008

...our own Jenna Miranda!



1st runner up: Elizabeth Soto (left) and 2nd runner up: Dawn Faolui (right)







The Fantastic 4


Sophia, Liz, Jenna, and Genevieve..best friends since 9th grade.

Introducing Ms. Jaguar 2000 and Ms. Apache 2008!

Faren, Jenna's cousin was the the first to be crowned Ms. Jaguar at Jesse Bethel, too.

(I guess it runs in the family.)

Paul was so thankful to witness this unforgettable moment with us! Yes…he did come with us claiming that love makes you do crazy things like break every rule of chemo treatment warnings of going to crowded public gatherings and restaurants (which we did as well at Applebees...I know, we’re bad but we had to celebrate with our Miss Apache at the restaurant of her choice!) It bordered on being reckless but I was so thankful that the Lord gave Paul peace that his well-being is in the hands of the Almighty and it allowed him to cherish and enjoy this sweet memorable time with our Jenna.




We give the Lord all thanks and praise who has done wondrous things before our eyes. We have seen and recognized that the hand of the Lord has done this! What a gusher of a spring!!

It’s amazing that though there were times not even mentioned this week of being lonely out in the bare heights or the valleys, and feeling lost in the wilderness or dry lands, God has faithfully led us to many rivers, springs, and fountains found richly in His Word as well as in the form of cards, emails, phone calls, meals, rides for our children, groceries & gifts from you, our dear friends and brothers & sisters, who have come alongside us to refresh us. What’s more remarkable is that while in the midst of our valleys, we find ourselves lingering and savoring His abundant provisions. He is so good!

May the Lord give you eyes to see and recognize, to consider and gain insight of the springs He gives you in the midst of your valleys. It is a work of His hands…glorify Him!



IN THE VALLEY

1. When You lead me to the valley of vision, I can see You in the heights. And though my humbling wouldn't be my decision, It's here Your glory shines so bright. So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown, To be low is to be high, That the valley's where You make me more like Christ.

Let me find Your grace in the valley. Let me find Your life in my death, Let me find Your joy in my sorrow, Your wealth in my need, That You're near with every breath...In the valley.

2. In the daytime there are stars in the heavens. But they only shine at night. And the deeper that I go into darkness, The more I see their radiant light. So let me learn that my losses are my gain, To be broken is to heal, That the valley's where Your power is revealed.

Let me find Your grace in the valley. Let me find Your life in my death, Let me find Your joy in my sorrow, Your wealth in my need. That You're near with every breath...In the valley.

By Sovereign Grace Praise 2006