Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Great Physician

Earlier this week, I read this verse: "And the news about Him spread….and they brought to Him all who were ill, those suffering with various diseases and pains...and He healed them." Matthew 4:24

Praise God that my Great Physician is Jesus! O Lord, have mercy and heal me! I know He can do it if it's His will for me. I know that it may be months of treatments but one thing's for sure: He will carry me through. I've been praying that He would and will continue to use this to stir, grip, and motivate me, in love and not fear, to serve Him the rest of my days as they have already been numbered. Even if He heals me quickly may I not lose the sense of urgency He has put in my heart to glorify Him...and may I not lose sight of why He's allowed me to undergo this trial: it's so that "the works of God might be displayed in me (John 9:1-3)." -Paul

No comments: